Sunday, March 22, 2015

Spring has sprung - yet again!

Time just 'flies' - whether I'm working or playing or simply doing nothing... and thankfully it's all 'fun' for me. My mom taught me how to manage that outlook. She personified alacrity: a quick and cheerful readiness to do something. And my close friends continue to help me gain an ever-more-realistic sense of my own timing. You know who you are, so thanks for that my friends.

Me and my Mom
The title of this blog comes from a touching comment that my mother, Carla Sue Rucker Nix, made on accepting the fact that her time on this planet - as we know it - had essentially run out. In my presence, but perhaps not specifically to me, she said something to the effect that she just wished it [the ending] was happening "five years from now." Of course, I thought to myself that I wished it would never happen... yet, there we were, sitting together in that precious present of that now.

And so, 'Five Years Before', in light of that time and place I'd find myself 'five years later', is today. By the calendar, it's been almost 6 years since my sweet mother died on May 14, 2009. It could have been yesterday, except that I am finally ready to launch this channel. It's one of many aspects that I'm exploring to share a glimpse into the legacy mom created through the special time we shared.

Section of the sampler Mom made for one of my birthdays
With the technical side of things set, I was thrilled to get these first thoughts out of my head and onto 'paper' for future reference - and who knows whatever else! I hope you enjoy reading these 'snapshots' as much as I enjoyed writing them... and thinking about them over the past years. They are presented in no particular order, just flowing as my time and attention allows these days. Please feel free to comment as you are likewise compelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment